Students & Parents
Are You Looking For High School Alternatives?
American National School is uniquely designed to meet the needs of students who seek an alternative to the confines of classroom-based learning. Because our courses are conveniently self-paced, 100% online and supervised by a caring academic support team, our diploma programs are perfect traditional high school alternatives. American National School is ideal for people of all ages and all stages of life, from adults and homeschoolers, to traditional teen higher-schoolers and the college bound. Anyone who is looking to finish high school online is a candidate!
What’s Standing In Your Way From Finishing High School Online?
American National School can help remove the barriers standing in your way from finishing high school online so that you can earn your high school diploma. Study independently at your convenience, on your own flexible schedule. Get close academic support in an accredited curriculum that will help prepare you for college, career and beyond.
Move ahead with ANS online high school programs on your terms. Call 1-888-545-8517 or enroll online today.
Why Choose American National School?
American National School is a private online school for Grades 6-12. Our school has been in existence since 1999 and over 50,000 students, across the U.S. and internationally, have enrolled in our online courses. Our online curriculum has been time-tested and meets the academic needs of many types of students, including but not limited to accelerated, remedial, and gifted learners. The majority of students that enroll plan to attend college or enter the workforce upon graduation. We offer a college preparatory curriculum offering General, Honors, and AP courses.
Here are just a few reasons that teens and their families choose American National School for Grades 6-12.
- Our Middle and High School help teens make up missed credits: When students fall behind in traditional schools, it can be difficult to make up missed credits while keeping up with the required coursework. Flexible online high schools, like American National School, let teens make up courses – some teens choose to enroll online while still attending their regular high school, while others decide to move completely to the virtual realm.
- American National School helps teens get ahead and graduate early: With online learning, motivated teens don’t need to be held back by classes that require four months (one semester) to complete. Instead, they can choose American National School which allows students to finish courses as fast as they are able to complete the coursework. Many of our high school graduates have earned their diplomas and moved on to college one or two years ahead of their peers.
- American National School provide flexibility for teens with unusual schedules: Young people involved in consuming activities such as professional acting or sports often have to miss classes for work-related events. Instead of constantly struggling to catch up with their peers, these talented teens can complete online middle school and high school courses during their down time (which may be later in the evening instead of in the middle of the day).
- American National School helps struggling teens get away from negative peer groups: Troubled teens may want to make a change but find it difficult while surrounded by former friends. By learning online, teens are able to get away from seeing the same people every day and make new friends based on shared interests rather than shared locations.
- American National School lets teens works at their own pace: By choosing a flexible online high school, such as ours, teens can speed ahead when they feel confident and take longer when they are dealing with subjects they find confusing. Instead of struggling to keep up or sitting bored waiting for the class, teens can progress through coursework at a pace that accommodates their strengths and weaknesses.
- American National School allows teens to focus on their academics and avoid distraction: Some students simply lose focus of their education when surrounded by the distractions that school can bring. Our school helps students focus on academics and save socializing for their off hours. Sometimes students study online for a semester or two to get back on track before re-enrolling in a traditional high school.
- American National School lets teens escape bullying: Bullying is a serious problem in traditional schools. When school officials and other parents turn a blind eye to a child that is being tormented on school property, some families choose to withdraw their teen from the situation by enrolling him / her in our online middle school and high school. American National School can be a permanent academic home for bullied teens or it can be a temporary solution while parents find an alternative public or private school where their child is safe and protected.
- American National School lets talented teens access programs not available locally: Virtual programs give students in rural or disadvantaged urban areas the ability to learn from a top-notch curriculum that may not be available locally. Honors and AP courses, along with a wide variety of electives are available to all students. Students enrolled in advanced and college credit courses from our program have high acceptance rates from upper-tier colleges.